Rocaton is currently accepting resumés for the following positions:
Rocaton is looking for an Investment Analyst to join its growing team. This individual will work directly with our senior consultants and initially will be responsible for quantitative analyses of clients' investment structures and portfolios using a variety of sophisticated software and analytical techniques. Deliverables include monthly and quarterly client reports as well as a variety of special projects. Candidate must thrive on multi-tasking and be flexible with work hours.
This position offers:
- The ability to learn about all asset classes from fixed income to alternative investments.
- Working directly with clients, senior consultants and research staff; this includes meeting with some of the industry’s most prominent investment managers.
- An opportunity to work independently and have responsibility for client deliverables with access to senior level resources for guidance.We offer a dynamic work environment that will promote your ability to thrive in an excellent analytical role.
This is an entry-level position with on the job training. Requirements include: Bachelor's degree, Excel proficiency, quantitative aptitude and basic familiarity with finance and investments. Recent graduates will be considered. Rocaton offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please include GPA and salary requirements with your inquiry. Contact us via email at email@example.com or via fax 203-621-1799. Only candidates presently authorized to work in the United States will be considered for this position.No phone calls please.
Defined Contribution Research Specialist
Rocaton is looking for a Defined Contribution Research Specialist to join its growing team. The individual will contribute to the firm’s defined contribution research effort by performing research on DC recordkeepers, where clients have exposure to a broad array of providers. The individual will be responsible for evaluating the capabilities of, and tracking developments at, recordkeepers, and will lead or co-lead client searches for new providers, recordkeeper consolidations, and the evaluation of administrative services and fees. Additionally, this individual will work with the DC team on investment strategy coverage, including target retirement funds, advice and managed account providers and retirement income solutions. In addition to meeting with DC service providers, investment managers, and clients, the individual will also work closely with Rocaton’s DC team members, other research team members and senior consultants in researching general trends and collaborating on client-specific projects.
This position requires an individual with a quantitative aptitude, strong written and oral communication skills and problem solving skills. Additionally, the candidate must be client service oriented and able to manage multiple projects/deadlines. Five or more years of relevant experience is preferred. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree; MBA, or CFA would be a plus. Prior experience with DC recordkeeping analysis or DC administration is preferred. The position has excellent growth potential and provides an opportunity to immediately contribute to Rocaton’s success. Some travel is required. Rocaton offers a comprehensive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Please send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax 203-621-1799. Only candidates presently authorized to work in the United States will be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
OCIO Junior Analyst
Rocaton is looking for a Junior Operations Analyst to join our OCIO/Discretionary group. The team currently manages 8 Billion in assets across 25+ distinct accounts. Success in this position requires a strong client service orientation, the ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment, make effective decisions, produce accurate and timely information independently, drive results, and at least 2 years of applicable experience in operations. Must be able to handle multiple, complex tasks, prioritize effectively and be flexible as business needs change, handle ad-hoc requests from various team members. Must be able to attend to day-to-day details while maintaining a strategic, analytical focus on the big picture.
- Work as part of a four-person team focused on operations as well managing the new idea pipeline
- Be responsible for all aspects of trade support/operations of trades and rebalancing
- Ensure compliance with established regulatory and operational procedures
- Troubleshoot all open/unresolved issues and perform reconciliations of holdings at the custodian banks vs. our in-house system
- Handle all mutual fund, Collective, Fund of Funds, subscriptions and/or redemptions
- Support investment initiatives through ownership of, or active participation in, innovative, large and/or complex projects, new initiatives, process reviews and/or system enhancements
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), able to learn and use other programs and systems
- Excels in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and executing responsibilities with minimal errors
- Communicates effectively - Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works productively in a team environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Excellent client service skills
- Knowledge of Fund operations and documentation
- Prefer Someone with a Finance Educational Background
- Prefer someone with Asset Management Operations, Fund of Funds or OCIO provider experience
Minimum requirements include: Bachelor's degree in a related major (Business, Finance or Economics) or prior experience in a similar operations role. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong project management skills, and excellent Microsoft capabilities, a solid educational foundation in basic finance and investment principles. Effective verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and the desire and ability to learn and contribute quickly are important characteristics of the successful candidate.
Please include salary requirements with your inquiry. Contact us via email at: email@example.com or via fax 203-621-1799. Only candidates presently authorized to work in the United States will be considered for this position; unfortunately sponsorship is not available. No phone calls please.
Rocaton does not discriminate unlawfully against any applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.